“First bollard experiment”

After taking a number of photographs of different bollards in Brick Lane I went on to start experimenting with different techniques.

I’ve cut out a couple of bollards to begin with, and painted them in bright colours to bring attention to them. I then used mixed media techniques to create the background in grey scale. This background was supposed to represent the street art of Brick Lane, as well as all the other patterns such as pot holes covers, bricks, and so on.

Photoshop development.
Photoshop development.
About to paint the bollards.
About to paint the bollards.
Bright colours.
Bright colours.
Creating mixed media textures and patterns.
Creating mixed media textures and patterns.

The initial plan was to create new stencils out of the patterns that I found in this street, but eventually I’ve decided to move on from this idea and keep searching for a more suitable expression.

Advertisements

4 thoughts on ““First bollard experiment”

  1. Pingback: “Screen printing trial”

  2. Pingback: “More experimentation for the bollard project”

  3. Pingback: “At last—the final bollard outcomes!”

  4. Pingback: “Further development of my bollard project”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s