I’ve started out with spray painting, creating stencils and experimenting on a trail sheet of paper. However, the one-colour block of paint just looked too boring, and when I tried to “decorate” the bollard with a different colour spray paint, I realised that my skills are not up to getting a really professional outcome.
Next came the Gelli plate (relief) printing, but I was still not pleased with what I was getting. I also realised that the initial idea of having a grey scale photograph as a background, and then each bollard printed out in different bright colour, wasn’t working.
Eventually, I again moved on to a different process, which will be covered in the next post.