“At last—the final bollard outcomes!”

During the process of developing my project I’ve tried mixed media technique, screen printing, and Gelli plate printing, but none of these have ended up to be the part of the final outcome.

At the end, I decided to spray paint each bollard in gold to glamorise it, and collage it on to the final piece (instead of spray painting it directly and possibly ruining the original image).

I feel that the final pieces demonstrate the context of bringing light on to the overlooked bollards well. They also show the opposites of the Brick Lane (or any other street), where the street furniture is resting in stillness, while the “living aspects of the street” change around each second.

I’ll post them as soon as I get them back.

Update: The finals were nice, but it seems like they have been put into my portfolio case a bit too early (since I did them in the last minute—night before), and the spray paint got all squashed-up and damaged. I only realised when taking them back out of the case in front of the tutors for my final hand-in. Oooops.

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s