‘Manifesto and the cafe feature’

Having worked out the general visual language for this project during designing the bags and the cup, it was now only a question of applying these to the other applications.

The manifesto was the easiest, as its basis is text which I’ve already written, so I only had to add and align the pattern to the document.

Here is the final version:

Next came the cafe feature, which is supposed be an engaging, imaginative feature specific to this venue. Mine was a ‘wall of wisdom’. People were provided hexagon-shaped postcards, on which they could write their favourite quote/words of wisdom, and stick it on the wall in a cafe dedicated to this. This way the visitors could go and read other people’s inspiring words during their visit.

The postcards would be stuck around a large hexagon-shaped poster in the middle of the wall explaining the simple procedure, and smaller versions of this poster (in a booklet form), as well as the postcards, were placed on each table.

There was also another poster framed together with the manifesto in another area of the cafe, which will be shown in the next post—branding applications.

The poster development:

The final hexagon piece:

Next I had to design the table booklet. I wanted it to be hexagon-shaped, and printed both sides, which was rather tricky using my printer inkjet at home. However, since I’ve already tried printing something double-sided on the university printers and it was a disaster, I gathered that it is a better idea to do it at home. Unfortunately I didn’t really have enough time to print it at the printer shop.

The design process was as follows:



The piece would be folded halfway vertically.

I’ve decided to print on a pastel textured paper, which is one of favourites, as it’s fairly white (the lightest textured paper I could find for reasonable price), and normally picks up ink really well. However, this wasn’t the case this time. The coloured hexagons are a bit  light/not saturated enough, white the text is fine. I will try to re-print it elsewhere if I have time, as I just changed the inks and tried a number of different settings on my printer, but no luck.

Lastly, I had to design the postcard which was to be stuck on to the wall. It is the same size as the table booklet (20cm in height), big enough to write on to, and to read without getting too close to the wall.

Development (I went for simplicity at the end, making space for the written text, and since there will be many cards stuck next to each other, I didn’t want the pattern to be too overwhelming):

The next post will show these photographed in a studio setting.








Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s